IATF 16949 1st and 2nd party auditor
We conduct certification exams together with the VDA 6.3 Auditor exams. Select the exam date on the "VDA 6.3 Auditor - first exam" page and send the completed IATF 16949 Auditor Application Form, page 1 and page 2, to email@example.com, including the date of the selected exam.
Only certificates in electronic form are now issued. Auditor cards are no longer issued.
Education and experience requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the automotive industry;
- completion of at least three full internal audits of the system according to ISO 9001 in the last three years. The audits are to be completed in the table on page 4 of the application form.
- The applicant is required to complete the IATF 16949 1st and 2nd party auditor licensing course - IATFV.
- The applicant is required to take a minimum of a two-day course on Core-Tools; they have 2 options:
- Automotive Core Tools Licensing Course for Auditors - ACT VDA (at VDA QMC - ID 417)
- unlicensed courses on Core-Tools (at least 2 days and no older than 2019) and then take the online Quiz on the VDA QMC website:
- In English at vdaqmccoretools.blinkit.de/courses/ANbsDJKRuqJGjLBrg.
- In German and English at vda-qmc.de/aus-und-weiterbildung/automotive-core-tools-online-quiz/.
A list of VDA QMC licensing partners can be found at: http://vda-qmc.de/en/training-and-professional-development/training-licensee/ . Courses from other providers will not be accepted for the exam.
- Completing the application form from the Supplementary Information, attaching all necessary documents in electronic form and emailing them to the COp. Indicate on the application form the selected date of the examination announced for VDA 6.3 Auditor VDA 6.3 - Initial Examination - Czech Society for Quality (csq.cz) . Your selected date will also be open for the IATF 16949 1st and 2nd party auditor exam.
- Evaluation of the extent to which the applicant meets the requirements of the CSJ
- Any additional additions to the required documents
- Decision on admission to the examination
- The actual test:
The exam is divided into two parts: written and oral.
The procedure is as follows:
- Welcome and ID check (please bring your photo ID or passport)
- Familiarisation with the exam, answering general questions
- Oral and written examinations (the length of breaks and delays between each part of the examination may vary, lunch break is announced between 12 noon and 1.45 pm)
- In the written part of the examination, the candidate demonstrates a general overview. The examination consists of 40 questions.
- For each question there are 4 possible answers. Only one is always correct. This is a simple multiple choice exercise.
- For each correct answer, the candidate receives one point (maximum 40 points). A candidate passes the written part of the examination if he/she answers at least 70 per cent of all questions correctly (minimum 28 questions). It does not matter which questions the candidate answers correctly - the only criterion is the percentage of success.
- Candidates who answer less than 70 per cent of the questions correctly must retake the written part of the exam (see the next section of this document for more information).
No aids are allowed during the test. The written exam lasts 60 minutes.
Oral examination: case studies
In the oral examination, the candidate demonstrates the ability to apply their knowledge in practice using appropriate examples.
- The oral part of the exam is divided into 30 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of interview with two examiners. Candidates may use printed materials obtained during the VDA licensing courses (including the standard), but must bring them themselves.
The examiners will focus, among other things, on assessing the candidate's presentation skills and presentation.
Result of the test
- The result of the oral examination will be announced together with the result of the written examination at the end of the oral part of the examination.
- If the candidate succeeds in both parts of the exam, they are issued a certificate and an IATF 16949 1st and 2nd party Auditor card valid for 3 years.
- If a candidate fails any part of the examination, he/she repeats only the part in which he/she failed.
Price of the exam:
First proper attempt (incl. certificate)
7.200 CZK (290 Euro)
Corrective examination - written part
3.000 CZK (120 Euro)
Corrective examination - oral part
4.000 CZK (160 Euro)
ČSJ PrahaNovotného lávka 200/5
110 00 Praha 1