IATF 16949 Certification Auditor
The training is a VDA QMC licensed training and is conducted exclusively in English
The training is intended for system certification auditors with ISO 9001 knowledge and automotive auditing experience who wish to achieve IATF 16949 3rd party auditor qualification.
The aim is to become familiar with the requirements for conducting IATF 16949 certification audits, surveillance audits and recertification audits according to the harmonized standard. The result is the authorization to conduct these audits worldwide.
- Process management and process approach in the automotive industry according to IATF
- Identification of processes in the automotive industry, process analysis
- Using IATF 16949 certification rules
- Solution of case studies leading to the deepening and practical application of the acquired knowledge of the IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 standards
- Certification exam
Requirements for entry knowledge and experience
Participants are registered for the course by their employing certification body, which has a contract with the IATF to carry out audits in the automotive industry. The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- qualification according to ISO/IEC 17021 and the relevant rules of the accreditation body for conducting audits according to ISO 9001;
- conducting at least six third-party audits according to ISO 9001 in industrial production sectors, including at least three as the head of the audit team; Note: Experience in first or second party system audits in the automotive industry may be considered.
- knowledge of basic quality tools in the automotive industry; and
- four years of relevant full-time practical experience (including two years spent in quality assurance or quality management activities) within the last fifteen years in a manufacturing organization operating in the automotive industry. Note: Experience in industries with a similar scope of application (eg aerospace, telecommunications, rail transport, industrial terrain equipment, etc.) in chemical, electrical or metal manufacturing may be considered.
- before completing the new auditor training and assessment, the applicant must complete at least one full IATF 16949 third-party audit (excluding special audits) lasting at least two days as an observer.
Effective 01/01/2022, new certification auditor candidates are required to complete the Auditing FMEA and Control Plan & Auditing MSA and SPC training modules and quiz in IATF ADP before registering for the IATF Certification Auditor 16949 training.
his means that all new candidates for certification auditors will be required to demonstrate successful completion of the following study modules in ADP before being enrolled on the training:
- IATF 16949 Training & Quiz
- Rules 5th Training & Quiz
- FMEA & Control Plan Training & Quiz
- MSA & SPC Training & Quiz
- Knowledge Pre-Study (Variant 1)
- Knowledge Pre-Study (Variant 2)
The quiz modules are graded pass/fail (with a pass threshold of 80%). If a new candidate for certification auditor fails the quiz in the first attempt or three possible repetitions (total of 4 attempts), he will not be included in the initial auditor qualification process.
Based on the fulfillment of the conditions, you will be included in the training.
All materials, including documents proving the above knowledge and experience of the auditor, must be in German or English and must be verified by the certification body sponsoring the participant.
The application in English can be downloaded here.
The application in German can be downloaded here.
ČSJ, PrahaNovotného lávka 200/5
110 00 Praha
An exception to the terms and conditions regarding cancellation fees applies to this training. In case of cancellation of participation in the training less than 10 days before the first day of the event, cancellation fees of 50% of the training price will be charged.
- Course duration
- 5 days
- Form of termination
- After completing the exam, which consists of two parts, the participant will receive a certificate "Certified auditor IATF 16949" with registered numbering
- More information